Full Time Ag Service Technician
Location: Plainview, MN - Posted Oct 17, 2018
Reports to: Service Manager
Performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Location Service Manager, Shop Foreman or senior Technicians. Provides excellent customer service.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Precision Ag. products. Knowledge in diagnostic and repairs of tractors, combines and planters preferred
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time on repair order and for all material used in performing assigned duties
- Provides excellent customer service
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- 1+ years of experience performing diesel service repairs and/or equivalent educational experience
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural equipment.
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to lift 60 – 70 pounds frequently
- Ability to lift 75 – 100 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and be able to work longer hours in the busy seasons.
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist and reach on a frequent basis
- Basic data entry keyboarding skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Basic customer service and phone skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required
- Candidate must become forklift certified within 30 days of employment
SEMA Equipment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
SEMA Equipment offers competitive pay and a robust benefits package including medical, 401k, supplemental insurances, paid holidays, and more!